I know a lot of girls have other girl best friends and they do everything together. They have their movie nights, shopping trips, and nights where they just "need to dance".
It's a little different for me though. I have always loved boys, all kinds of them, and in every shape, form, size, color and clothing. I have dated most "types", but for the most part they all end up becoming my best friends.
I don't know what it is about girls though. It might be the hours they need to get ready just to go food shopping with me. It might be the endless gossip about who did or said what that made them cry, get angry, or depressed this week. It might just be that they are too much like me and I need a break from that. For once in my life I just need a man to fill in those woman shoes.
Size 14 red stilettos perhaps?
It's not like I have gay best friends or guys who do girl things with me, it's just that I like the way guys work. They don't think as much, cry as much, need me that much, and they are so much more simpler than girls.
Don't get me wrong now, I love my girlfriends dearly, but I will never have more than say 3 at a time. I just can't handle the constant stress of their lives and mine. Guys have it easier. Girls aren't hitting on them 24/7 or groping them on the dance floor.
They are the perfect friends for bar hopping. You can pretend they are your boyfriend when that gross guy tries to pick you up. They can drink just as much as you and still have control as opposed to a girl who lives next door and always has to be carried home and passes out in front of her door, keys still in hand.
Guys are just better at being friends than lovers. Once you throw attraction in the mix or feelings other than friendship things can get crazy.
It's hard to pick out the weeds in your life. There are definite assholes who pretend to be your friend, yet whenever they get the chance they become the poser friend. They are only there to wait until your guard is down and then lunge in for the kill.
People will try and trick you in this world, so don't be one of those girls that says, "but he was supposed to be my friend!" Trust me when I say, they never were if they try to take advantage of you.
There are 5 signs I see when a guy is just posing as friend.
1. He calls you everyday. - Save it for your real girlfriend buddy. Unless he he is your absolute best friend in the entire world, he shouldn't be calling you everyday to hang out or even just to talk. Just keep your guard up if that's happening.
2. He buys things for you - If he's always offering to pay, red flag!
3. He asks you about the type of guys you like or about your boyfriend all the time- This is a definite no no. If he sounds like he's creeping then he is.
4. He doesn't want to hang out in groups - If he is always trying to get you alone there's something fishy going on. He is trying to get the window of opportunity.
5. If he is always putting down the people you date- Definite signal that he want's you and not your friendship, wise up.
So, it's ok to have friends of the opposite sex as long as you have trust, if your in a relationship, and if your single, then just know when those signs are popping up it's time to evaluate the so called friendship.
Oh boys, twenty three boys, or 59, 37, 334, whatever it is, there isn't enough in this world to satisfy us WOMEN. See you next time, next problem, next stupid boy.