Graduation is a time for growing up and moving ahead in life. To some people it can be a new beginning or a chance to practice what you have learned. In kindergarden it was about getting ready for first grade. In high school you were nervous about your plans for college or how to make a living. Graduating college is probably the greatest and most meaningful graduation because you chose it.
It's time to embrace your future now and leave the past behind. The childish college guys you met are not important anymore. You lived and you learned. It's time now to take what you have learned and use it in your everyday life.
Here are some tips or things to inspect that will help you spot the right kind of men post graduation.
1. PARTYING - If he is still partying 5 out of the 7 nights in a week, he probably isn't going to have much time for you. Clearly beer pong is a profession now and you don't want to get in the way of his career.
2. DATES His dates still consist of college frat parties, 12 am dinner at McDonald's and a lovely drunk invite for a sleep-over at his dumpy apartment. You have a degree now ladies. Up your standards just a tad.
3. JOB - I know the economy is bad, but if he can't even get a job at Starbucks, I don't think he'll be making it big anytime soon.
4. PARENTS - Living with the parents after college is fine for awhile. We have to somehow pay those college loans off. But if his Mom is still doing his laundry and bringing him sandwiches, he is still living in a child's world.
5. CLOTHES - He doesn't own a pair of dress pants or a button down shirt. Didn't they ever go to a semi-formal?
6. HOBBIES -His main idea of fun is playing video games. Time and place man, time and place.
7. LANGUAGE - His conversations consist of the best way to funnel a beer, stay up all night and make your room appear to be clean, even though it isn't, when your parents come to visit.
Good luck in finding those new men. It will be tough I'm sure, but well worth it.
Photo by Jennifer Rose Photography